Burton Manor Gardens is situated on the Wirral, just off the A540, 3 miles from Neston, 4 miles from Hooton and 9 miles from Chester Rail Stations. From the East, we are about 1 mile before Ness Gardens. From the A540, follow the rural signs for Ness Gardens until the centre of Burton village. We’re on the left!
If you’d like to view a map of our location, please see our Location Map.
By Public Transport
- RAIL: MerseyRail, from Lime Street to Hooton every 15 minutes (Train destination either Chester or Ellesmere Port). Then Taxi.
- RAIL: MerseyRail, from Chester or Ellesmere Port stations to Hooton every 30 minutes (Train destination Liverpool). Then Taxi.
From Welsh Borders:
- RAIL: Borderlands Line, from Wrexham to Neston every hour (Train destination Bidston). Then Taxi.
Local Taxi Numbers:
- Thunderbird Taxis 0151 336 3999 (Neston)
- Neston Taxis: 0151 336 1555 (Neston)
- Eastham Taxis: 0151 327 4488 (Hooton)
- Chester Radio (black cabs): 01244 372 372 (Chester)
Follow the rural signs for Ness Gardens but stop in Burton!
From Liverpool (14 miles):
- Use the Wallasey Tunnel
- Follow the M53 to Junction 5
- Right onto A41 (Chester)
- At 2nd set of lights (right after the 1st set) turn right onto A550 (North Wales)
- At major traffic lights (Mini and Two Mills opposite) turn right onto A540 (Hoylake).
- # At 3rd road on the left (3rd set of lights), turn left into Dunstan Lane (signposted Burton/ Ness Gardens) and proceed 0.9 miles up a gentle hill, then over the crest (into a regulated speed zone) down the hill into Burton itself). (N.B. It is possible to take the 2nd (narrower & twisty) road on the left, Mudhouse Lane (1st set of lights, signposted Burton Manor College) and to turn left at the end into Dunstan Lane).
- + Burton Manor is in Burton village on the left about 300 metres down the gentle hill (look for a red phonebox before the long, tall sandstone wall and find an entrance half way along) N.B. Community and Police Speed Checks are now in force around the local area. It is advised to stick to the speed limit signs!
From Chester (8 miles):
- From Fountains Roundabout follow A540 Parkgate Road (Birkenhead & Ellesmere Port)
- Stay on A540, follow signs for Hoylake
- Straight on at roundabout (Mercedes Garage on right)
- Straight on at major junction with A5117 (Petrol Station on right)
- At major traffic lights (Mini and Two Mills on left) continue straight on A540 (Hoylake).
- Then as from #, above
From West Kirby (8 miles):
- Follow A540 (Chester). Burton Manor College is signposted from the A540 Parkgate Road.
- Continue through Heswall, past Parkgate and Neston turnoffs to major lights (staggered junction with first road on right – second road on left goes to Willaston), turn right into Dunstan Lane.
- Then as from +, above.
From Manchester (40 miles):
- Take M56 West right to the motorway end
- At the end of M56 come off left on the ramp (A540 Hoylake), take the right lane (the other is signed Chester) and, at the roundabout, turn right onto the A540 (direction Hoylake). N.B. This junction was modified in 2009.
- At major traffic lights (Mini showroom and Two Mills on left) continue straight on A540 (Hoylake).Then as from #, above.