How do I book an activity?
If the activity price is advertised on this website, then it needs booking through our system. There are two ways to book and pay:
- Send an E-mail (to book), with a cheque given in Person or by Post (to pay)
- Over the Phone (to book), with a cheque given in Person or by Post (to pay)
With this system, it’s always good to e-mail, phone or speak to someone, in order to ask if there are places left before paying.
What is the preferred method of contact?
The preferred method of contact for enquiries is by e-mail using b[email protected]
What is the preferred method of payment?
- The preferred method of payment for all activities (i.e. Day Courses, Evening Talks, Coach Trips, Garden Tours, Room Hire, Local Events) is by cheque.
- The preferred method of payment for Friends Membership is by standing order.
How do I book by e-mail?
If you wish to book by e-mail, please send a message to [email protected] with the following details:
- The name of the activity
- Your contact phone number
- The names of the Friends/Volunteers for the booking
- The names of the Non-Friends/Non-Volunteers for the booking
We can then reply to say if there are places left, the total cost of the booking and give you the correct payee.
Who do I write the cheque out to?
If the price is advertised on this website, the payees are generally:
- “Burton Manor Gardens” (for Day Courses, Coach Trips, Garden Tours, Local Events, Room Hire and Evening Talks)
- “Friends of Burton Manor Gardens” (for Friends Membership)
Please check the individual post or page for the correct payee or send us an e-mail.
How can I check if there are places left on an activity before I pay?
How can I make sure the cheque gets paid for the right activity?
Please write the name of the activity on the back of the cheque.
Where do I send the cheque?
Please post the cheque to Burton Manor Gardens, The Village, Burton, Cheshire. CH64 5SJ.
What do I need to know before I arrive for a course or talk?
For courses starting at 10am, please arrive at 9.45am unless otherwise specified. On arrival please report to Reception at the top of the stairs in Squirrel Lodge, which will be signposted.
Can I bring my dog to Burton Manor Gardens?
Yes you can, but dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and they are not allowed in the cafe or the walled garden or orchard. This rule does not apply to registered guide dogs. Please note we have no facilities for disposing of dog waste, so owners are advised to dispose of it themselves.
Is there wheelchair access to Burton Manor Gardens?
We have wheelchair access throughout the gardens, except for the underground ice house and there are toilet facilities with wheelchair access at the rear of the cafe. A wheelchair and crutches are also available on request.